New Ideas for WoW Risk

Go down

New Ideas for WoW Risk

Post  VasQuezTheGreat on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 pm

With outland Risk beta on the way out we will have more variety in what we play! I was hoping that we could post some good ideas/update for wow risk. There has been some focus on add new terrain modes which I think is awesome! However if any1 has any good ideas for new modes, reshaping certain parts of the map, or any idea please post!

There were whispers of WoW Risk Cataclysm, but I have not heard anything since. I hope we can get some good ideas down and move priwin to make another great update!

VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ideas for WoW Risk

Post  fattythefat on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm

VasQuezTheGreat wrote:With outland Risk beta on the way out we will have more variety in what we play! I was hoping that we could post some good ideas/update for wow risk. There has been some focus on add new terrain modes which I think is awesome! However if any1 has any good ideas for new modes, reshaping certain parts of the map, or any idea please post!

There were whispers of WoW Risk Cataclysm, but I have not heard anything since. I hope we can get some good ideas down and move priwin to make another great update!
Yeah instead of the last one that removed lots of good stuff :/
Bring Hero Units back! (and AvH) Very Happy
fattythefat
fattythefat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:20 am

Ok first of all AvH is gone and while I'm not a big fan of it I do believe it should be brought back... Hero units as well... They were most certainly not OP cause they also took full damage...

Areas in need of reshaping-
Gilneas: I understand that before there was nothing concerning the exact shape of Gilneas... Now there is, so I do suggest we fix it, whether it's before or after it is phased don't matter, though before is better for it has more room.

The South Seas/Maelstrom: I have no idea why Priwin decided to put these regions so close together but they are farther apart... like Kezan is farther south, the western part (Lost Isles I premuse) Is a little bit farther west and North (I think, not sure)

Nothing else for now, but I shall edit it more.

One thing in need of moving... DALARAN
The great city of magi is for some reason still located in Dragonblight when it is really located in crystalsong..
NavySeal
NavySeal

View user profile http://BHoR.Forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I think WoW Risk is a GREAT game and is by far one of my favorite games ever played (not just custom wc3 maps but any game ever! I actually much prefer WoW Risk to the regular Wc3 matchmaking games).

That being said, WoW Risk could use some improvements. I feel like the biggest thing holding WoW Risk back from being even more strategical and fun is unit lag. Now, I know Wc3 is largely to blame for this, and the size of the map which makes for a lot of income which means big armies. However, when being ganked (as is inevitable in risk, and often happens) unit lag really hurts a person's ability to defend themselves (I'm referring to late game teaming mostly, when everyone has massive armies). Not only does the person have to defend/attack on multiple fronts against multiple people, but now their armies are being crippled by unit lag, while his opponents won't be nearly as effected as he is. When moving your men to strategical locations, and just engaging another players army, this can really destroy any chance you may have had of winning the battle. Even in a 1v1 late game, unit lag can ruin the fun of a big fight as it makes attacking a choke point very self-defeating, which can result in a big turtle fest (BORING).

So how to fix this Priwin? Well if you don't have a better idea, you've already heard mine, which is to give buildings a second tier of more expensive units. I'm not exactly sure what balancing issues would arise by doing this, I guess we would just have to test it first and see what people thought. I just know that unit lag is a serious problem for WoW Risk after like turn 40, maybe sooner. If we could come up with some solution to unit lag, or you could somehow fix it Priwin using some idea you might have, I know it would make your map much more fair and fun to play!

-Signature Image Provided by Blizzard and editing done by Bosco_The_Bear. Thanks Bosco!
Nickel510
Nickel510

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Or just decrease income by 50% and add a 100% buff to all stats after a certain time...
Edit: That wouldnt work because you could just mass up before and your old units would get a buff-.-
fattythefat
fattythefat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:24 am

I've had the same thought fatty, but decreasing income by 50% after, say turn 30, would just encourage people to turtle and save up until turn 30. It would turn into a game where everyone (who was smart and wanted to win) would make peace and truces with everyone until turn 30 (or whatever turn income becomes 50% at). Anyone who fought when income was 100% would be at a disadvantage (the same thing applies to 1/2 bounty 1/2 income, but its not so bad because its only 15 turns).

Other then that, maybe it could work. But I don't like the idea that people who turtle and save up until the time when income is halved are strongly rewarded, imo fighting should be rewarded not pure saving.

-Signature Image Provided by Blizzard and editing done by Bosco_The_Bear. Thanks Bosco!
Nickel510
Nickel510

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal on Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:05 am

Maybe if you did that, you could make it last only a certain time? Or perhaps (if possible) halve the amount of gold people already have if they haven't fought (for some amount of time)

And also, I understand that this would be hard to do, but perhaps you could create a game mode that is something different from the original risk. Make something like (I dono how this would be even possible but...) Arathi Basin, where you have to defend objectives. Or just maybe a small arena, where each person can choose 12 units or so to have a small battle.
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am

a small arena wouldnt reallymake sense, since wow risk is not only about the battle, but tactics, strategic points, income etc...
fattythefat
fattythefat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imsohordee on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:52 am

If any of you have played "Populas" its an old game from like 2000. Theres a level in it where everyones units were taken and put into a circle arena and at the timer they all rushed in and fought a big huge massive FFA battle. If that could be done without too much lag.. Smile
imsohordee
imsohordee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 am

Is that like all the units. ALL of them? Or just like some. And fatty while strategy can be helpful in wowr, it's not too big... I mean you can't really use some real strategies. It's mainly about countering and having a bigger army. or a choke. or a hero. or, as most games go, TEAMING!!
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 am

I think some important changes for a new wow risk version

Game modes - Bring back AvH (To2 only)
-Add an -ao2 (Aliiance of two) where u can select ur ally in game but limmited to only 1 ally
-Remove Test mode
-Add a 35 turn fog
-In domination or teammode, make it so if ur partner/ slave leaves all their land becomes yours and you get sent their gold. I've seen this mode on Middle earth risk 7.92 where if your teamate leave, everything they had gold land men, became yours. This would help combat desync in those team games!

Terrain- Add outland + nothrend with access via outland portal to one another Mode
-Add another island country like maelstorm some other place on the map
(Alot of people told me they wanted more island/naval combat and another island would be awesome)
-Hopefully mapmakers have been working on cata version for azzywars. I know we had a clanny geno-pest who making the azzy wars version but im not sure what happened. I think when some one produces the cata version for azzy wars then we can use it for wow risk because I do not think Priwin will want to do the cata terrain.

Gold bonus idea - One clanny suggest that there be various control points out in the oceans that can only be attacked by ships. This means players would have to use boats to secure these oceans pads but in return they would get a gold bonus each turn.

Making names Private - One thing I think would be awesome is if there was a setting on the multiboard to make names private. This mode can be found in many of the devo and next gen risk games and I think it would be an important feature to add in any future update. (Eliminates private chat and can hide players all game) There would be a button in f1 that would let you unhide your name at anytime for any networking reasons should you want to recruit or show your identity.

New Random Race - Probably way too much work but it would be cool if we could implement like 2 or 3 secret races that were unique and totally awesome (not op but cool secret wow lure race stuff, maybe a sick hero tho) That you could only get if you went random. They would never appear as a selectable option.

These are just some general ideas I had that may or may not be usable if we ever got to a new version.

VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Light_Bringer on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm

One of those random races could be the pantheon defenders, sent to azeroth to fight the old gods, or the tol'vir, northrend and kalimdor has so many races that should be on the map, maybe an ogre/mok nathal race Very Happy

and btw, THIS ONE CLANNY IS ME VAS U BIATCH!!!!!! Very Happy (the naval captureable pads one Razz)
Light_Bringer
Light_Bringer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am

If any of you have played WotLK, and have done Ulduar (I think that's the place) where they show Azeroth as a globe. If you look at it you can see a southern continent. It's small, prolly like 1/2 the size of northrend. It is most likely pandaria, and whether or not it is, you could put in it. It would be interesting, to perhaps make it, or to at least guess at what certain things could be.

edit- That idea from Middle Earth Risk is a good one, but also would be good to make it so when your slave master leaves, you get unslaved!

also, perhaps add a mode that is something like you can maybe neutral someone, but not ally, so you don't attack each other but you don't share vision.
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down