Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic?

+6
Nickel510
Malliboo
fattythefat
NavySeal
echoesinthedark
VasQuezTheGreat
10 posters

Go down

Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic

[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? I_vote_lcap56%[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 14 ]
[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? I_vote_lcap44%[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 25

[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? Empty [Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic?

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 am

Our original poll was autodeleted with time but I would like to bring back the poll for all clannies to vote on and see if the results have changed over time.

Please Vote whether or not you think luring is a skill or a cheap tactic!

Post any comments or questions!!
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? Empty Re: [Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic?

Post  echoesinthedark Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:37 pm

We all know where I stand on this

*defenders advantage is a sacred right*
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic? Empty Re: [Vote] Is luring a skill or a cheap tactic?

Post  NavySeal Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, it really depends on what position the people are in. Depends on almost everything really.
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:21 pm

I'll agree that tactics that may seem cheap such as a luring can be appropiate for people of small size who are currently in crisis. However, this vote should reflect your opinion of luring all the time, rather than a situational cause.
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:04 pm

everything is ok in my book, except breaking truces without giving a warning.... can be a 1 sec warning, but still give a warning
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Malliboo Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:05 pm

luring if for the kids who know their gonna get raped so they have to take a few guys at a time while u dont notice cuase their bad :3 nuff said
Malliboo
Malliboo

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:11 pm

everything counts in a grunt match.... why i hate them...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 am

Braking your word is bad, but luring is a tactic like any other, its just that some people don't know how to counter it and so they complain, or they want the advantage of someone attacking them at a battlefield of their choosing, and so get mad because they can't have things their way.

Only time luring is really really annoying is when you're being teamed and people are luring you still (I've done this lots so ...). It's already hard enough to micro-manage 2 or 3 different battles against 3 different people, so luring then is really annoying. Other then that, whats the big deal?
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  St3alth95 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 am

it takes a ton of skill to run 1 unit into a giant mob and then run back so i voted yes
St3alth95
St3alth95

Back to top Go down

Post  Lights999 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 am

To be fair, any tactic is a skill.

Lights999

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:10 am

To be fair, it is a tactic. But also to be fair, not all tactics are skill... I mean a retarded 3 day old chimpanzee could lure. And no doubt it's cheap. But nonetheless war isn't about being fair, or playing like gentlemen. And Warcraft 3 is a game relating to war. And lacking strategy D;
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 am

Yeah luring takes 0 skill, but you can be better at luring then others. Setting up your units properly or w/e. Its super easy to lure but you can be more effective at using lures than just luring someone's army with a few units hoping those lured units will run into your army. And knowing when its best to lure also.

So yeah luring is a no skill tactic, but knowing how to use luring properly, takes a little more skill.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:00 am

Not really... I mean cmon, you can figure out when to use it right after one time, unless you're a complete and utter idiot...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:54 am

NavySeal wrote:Not really... I mean cmon, you can figure out when to use it right after one time, unless you're a complete and utter idiot...

If that's what you think, then you probably don't use luring to its greatest effect.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:11 am

Is knowing where to attack someone a skill? Is knowing what units to make a skill? Is knowing how to use those units a skill? Is knowing how to break a choke point or draw enemy hordes into bounty death traps a skill? I believe it all is a"skill"

Knowing your way around a game and exercising that knowledge with action for personal gain represents the notion that the individual has "skill" in my opinion.

If luring is not a skill, why can I be far better at it then you? Is nickel not setting up 20 archers on both sides of a bridge on hold stance with back up malee armies, using a hot keyed squad to draw enemies in a skill?, OR
Fighting on a bridge or choke point. You cut you way through to the other side but cannot get through so you pull back but continue to fight at your side of the bridge. You did not want to senslously loose your men but were willing to continue to fight at your side because you now have the advantage. This IS LURing! I often use this attack in battle. Attack and then adjust and slightly pull back so the enemy trails into a horse shoe formation of my army. It does not always work.
OR
A monster income player starts massing on your border displaying the obviosu signals of a future attack. I have seen many players pull that smaller army stacking up into their army and kill it before the entire enemy army had to time to assemble. Should that player of just waited for the enemy to stack up and kill them without protest? Or make the bold attempt to attack but give themselves the defenders advantage.

Aside from scenarios.. all that I have commonly seen, everyone has the tools to stop luring. There is mass hold button, their is hold stance. Just pull ur army back and make a small range army infront to kill the enemy units attempting to lure. There are alot of ways around luring and in some circumstances you can turn the lure against the person using it.

LURING IS A SKILL. It is a just another/ different aspect of the game that some people choose to demeanor because they cannot counter/use the action of luring as well as others.
Doesnt this signify that luring in itself is a skill?
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 am

Good post Vas. I think that sums up the argument for why luring is a skill.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakeyy Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:14 am

My vote would have be that it's not a "Cheap" tactic and that it definantly doesn't take skill either. Although it is a craven tactic. I think anything goes in a WoWRisk grunt match though so pull whatever tricks out of your ass to get that win! Since we are on the topic of Strategies to win your game, I think the best games played are the ones where people use diplomatic strategies (Lackeys, Slaves, Allies, inciting enemies of your enemies on eachother instead of you, and then the backstabbing, oh and genociding Conquerboy out of the match) of any sort to win. I would say do what you will to ensure your victory. Only you have to live with the dishonorable choices you make of how you play.

Stop fucking turtling on a continent though goddam the game gets so boring with 2 or 3 superpowers doing that shit.
Jakeyy
Jakeyy

Back to top Go down

Post  clanortons Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:20 am

CHEAPPPP TRiccccccckkkkkk
clanortons
clanortons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum