Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

+13
Dornager
Light_Bringer
Roflpotamus
nickel520
echoesinthedark
haku968
PingPongGlory93
JayTay111990
fattythefat
VasQuezTheGreat
NavySeal
Midblood
Nickel510
17 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions Empty Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  Nickel510 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:18 am

Post any ideas or suggestions for the Outland Risk map here.
------------------

I've had a few ideas thus far, most of them not so good, but a few that I really like. I'll post them here so you can critique them if you want and see where this maps headed.

I'll even include my bad idea just encase you can build off of it and make it workable, but I'll post them under "Not So Good Ideas" so you can skip them if you want.

Good Ideas

Draenie space ships and Zepplin ships could act as space transports that could only move through space. They would not be able to land anywhere, but only thought out places that made sense strategically. For instance, Blade's Edge and Hellfire would have large incomes and be easily defendable, thus they would have open areas that were landable for space transports.

Graduated Bounty Mode - This is kind of like the Tax mode (but not really cause everyone hated it) in WoW Risk and is inspired by this post about the z-factor and snowballing in games http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151322&highlight=z-factor. At turn 10, players bounty recieved from killing enemy units is effected by their income. This mode would give weaker players a better chance of defeating high-income players. The low-income player would still be at a greater disadvantage, but by skill, experience and expert use of the map they would still have a chance of winning. Players would no longer win by income a lone, but would actually have to use skill against lower income players. The income and bounty brackets would be:
- 15g Income: 1/2 bounty
- 16-25g Income: 2/5 bounty
- 26-35g Income: 1/3 bounty
- 36-45g Income: 1/4 bounty
- 46g+ Income: 1/5 bounty

Pirate Island - An island for dead or defeated players (ideally people who have been teamed and need a place to retreat to). Reachable only by a space transporter. Would have multiple ports and could be a country or just a landable floating meteor with ports.

Keep the income fairly low, not like the current WoW Risk map. This is because a high income results in massive armies and lots of unit spamming. With huge armies, not so much micro-managing skills are involved and battles are usually won by sheer numbers. There is a time and place for high income fights, but not till very late game when only 2-3 players remain.

PvP Objectives - Locations - Terrokar Forest, Nagrand, Zangarmarsh and Hellfire. These would be the same as the WoW PvP objectives, if you own all of the PvP bases, it gives you a buff that only works in that region, like in WoW. This could be optional, if turned on, the PvP bases would give no income in and of themselves, but if it was off, it would be it's own country and a player would receive income for owning it. Terokkar would have 4 PvP bases, Hellfire 3 and Zangarmarsh 2. If PvP bases were turned on, all the bases would have hostile units controlling them at the start of the game and would be worth half income.

Different races will curtail different strategies and situations - I don't know how this would work yet, I could use some ideas with this one.

Eye of the Storm - 2 people would enter Eye of the Storm with like 24 units that are given to them. Would be 2 minutes long and the person with the most circles of power by the end wins. The winner would receive like 8 gold or something. This would mostly be for fun and would be here to highlight micro-ing skills. Not sure how the mechanics would work though, could use ideas on this.

Keep in mind most of these would be optional.

Not So Good Ideas

Unlockables could also be added. Example: if Kael'thas brings the Skull of Gul'dan (could be an item in SMV) to Tempest Keep he could unlock Archimonde as a hero. This kind of things could be fun, but limited, justifiable and would have to be really good ideas. Mine was just an example. I don't know much about Outland lore so I'm not sure what might work.

Getting high kills rewards players, one way you could do this is by giving the player's hero a PvP armor set then weapon after so many kills. They might even upgrade as the player gets more kills.
(I like the idea of rewarding high kills outside of 1/2 bounty, but I don't like the idea of PvP Items)

This map would share a lot similarities with the map WoW Risk, but also be its own unique map. One similarity would be how you attain items. All vendors would just have 1 unique item, maybe 2 if you include trinkets, and only 1 of those items could be bought during the game.

Trinkets - Items bought throughout Outland that have a unique spell. The spell would share a CD with all other trinkets so it could not be abused. Below is an example. It mirrors the item in WoW called Death Ray... and its also called Death Ray.
- Death Ray: Instantly kills an enemy hero. CAUTION: this weapon is untested and unsafe, has a 50% of backfiring. Essentially, there's a 50% chance of killing the enemy hero and 50% chance of killing your own hero.
- Net Bazuka: Nets all enemy units in the spells radius for 2-3 seconds.

Here's a couple ideas for abilities that could either be hero spells or item spells. If these were item spells, they could only be used once and then disappear from the Hero's inventory. There would still only be one of these items available in a game.
- Light Feather (like Priest's ability in WoW): Hero can walk on water for a limited time.
- Bridge Builder: Creates a bridge on the river. Bridge is permanent.
- Summon Base Camp: Creates a base with a thousand health.

In teams of 2 or free ally, different races would benefit differently from their alliance. For example, if Naga and the evil Blood Elves (I forget their name) were allies they would get an aura buff called "Servants of Illidan". The alliance buffs would be lore based.

Include an instanced Shattrath City. It would be located in Terrokar and have exits leading into Terrokar and Nagrand, like the game. It would be a four region zone, Lower City, Terrace of Light, Aldor Rise and Scyer's Rise. http://www.pooh.cz/upload/img/1000/the_burning_crusade_map_shattrath_city.jpg

Host is able to select which regions (eg Blade's Edge Mountain, Hellfire, Shattrath City) that will be playable in game. This is inspired by WoW Risk as the host can turn off Outland, choose small map, or even do a Northrend only mode (in the newest version). Each mode of map size makes for a much different game with a different strategies. So, allowing the host to select which regions that would be playable would be like putting multiple maps into one game. To compensate for this, portals could be added if the only playable regions were not connected by land, but they would not be active during a regular game. Unless Zepplin and Draenie ships were made, then portals could be left off.

(I like this idea, but I don't think its possible from a triggering perspective. If someone could simplify this, it would be nice.)

-----------

Please, if you think you have a good idea, post it. Thanks everyone, this game is going to be sick!!!

Last edited by Nickel510 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions Empty Races

Post  Midblood Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:59 am

There should be races and raceshails like draniles at night can not be seen liek the night elf raceshal and blood elfs get fel magic incress damge done in a zone or somthing. make blood elfs drainles orcs humans fel orcs naga Spore gaints Ogres Cenarion Expedition wild hammer dwarfs and the legion or what ever u call it Very Happy Maybe make like allys and u can go in a dungeon with ur hero like ramps or somethign and get wepoins and leevl up ur hero and maybe while ur hero levels up ur tropps get more powerful elephant
Midblood
Midblood

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions Empty Re: Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  Nickel510 Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 am

Midblood wrote:There should be races and raceshails like draniles at night can not be seen liek the night elf raceshal and blood elfs get fel magic incress damge done in a zone or somthing. make blood elfs drainles orcs humans fel orcs naga Spore gaints Ogres Cenarion Expedition wild hammer dwarfs and the legion or what ever u call it Very Happy Maybe make like allys and u can go in a dungeon with ur hero like ramps or somethign and get wepoins and leevl up ur hero and maybe while ur hero levels up ur tropps get more powerful elephant

Midblood you have to remember that this is a RISK map. Most of your ideas won't work for Risk. This game is going to be very similar to WoW Risk, so try to base your ideas off of what you think would in WoW Risk, but in an Outland setting. I like the idea about racials, but it needs to be more defined. Remember, the races should be fairly balanced so don't make any of the racials some retarded OP ability. But some racials that are small in effect but good for the gameplay would work.

Thanks Midblood!
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:51 am

Idea for the different races needing different strategies

Some races should be stronger than others, but cost more gold, such as a regular grunt being greater than a footmen (costs less), but less than a mag'har grunt (costs more)

Some races (Such as blood elves) maybe should have spells cost less mana since they used it for a long time, be have less health, and their units should do more damage if they are mages, but less if they are melee

Some races should just be neutral and be in the middle and not do more damage but not do less

This is just my opinion on things and I ain't a map creator so...
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions Empty spaceships

Post  Midblood Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:47 am

U shoudl make space ships and u can fly in them and u can land on the floating isles of outlands and take over places on them liek in netherstrom theres floating isles u can use a spaceship and fly over there and unload ur units and take it over=) Also make a few secert floating isles that arent even in wow that are hardm to gt to but u get more income=) Spaceships are liek ships u use them to get to places like netherstorm and some floting moutnaisn in what ever its called and on top of a mushroom on zongermarsh=) This would add a whole new gameplay to the game... But back to the secert isles make a place sorta like the malestrom lost isles and those other isles make a zone like that =) Last u should add in heros for the differnt races liek each one gets there own hero! Use these ideas Shocked
Midblood
Midblood

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:54 am

Midblood wrote:U shoudl make space ships and u can fly in them and u can land on the floating isles of outlands and take over places on them liek in netherstrom theres floating isles u can use a spaceship and fly over there and unload ur units and take it over=) Also make a few secert floating isles that arent even in wow that are hardm to gt to but u get more income=) Spaceships are liek ships u use them to get to places like netherstorm and some floting moutnaisn in what ever its called and on top of a mushroom on zongermarsh=) This would add a whole new gameplay to the game... But back to the secert isles make a place sorta like the malestrom lost isles and those other isles make a zone like that =) Last u should add in heros for the differnt races liek each one gets there own hero! Use these ideas Shocked

Midblood thank you for posting your ideas but please read the ideas thread before posting this. I've already said I will include space ships and give each race their own unique hero.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Midblood Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 am

Are u goign to have a release party or something=)
Midblood
Midblood

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 am

For the transport concept. I really like the idea of having the space ships and zeplins to move around otherwise people could hard core turtle. Although i think it would cheap if they could fly anywhere and everywhere. To counter this, maybe you use pathing to block parts the back of each region, and leave openings in the pathing for deisnated drop areas, the equivalent to a port. If your unclear about what I mean when I say this, I can draw up a map and use a diagram to better explain my concept!

For unit sizing. When we were testing I believe the unit sizing was going to be the same as WoW Risk 2.95b which was .67. I think it would be cool if the more expensive units like 10,11,12,13g were sized to .75 to show that they were bigger badass units and not look the same as puny 3g ones....(i hate the size of every unit in 2.95)

This is all I have for now, but I hope to get some more ideas in before its too late!

Vas
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 am

also floating islands outside of the main map terrain would be cool. If you could have a base there that wasn't apart of an empire spawn.... that a jew would use as a refuge if they had no other bases to go to and would 1 base for income.

Idk some people dont like little jew island concepts and pirating can be annoying late game but I always liked the thought of pirate islands.. Again if you dont fully get my concept please let me know and I will draw a visual.... (im way better with visuals!)
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:26 am

Also it would be cool if the nagrand sea was big enough to have ships! that way we could introduce a little minor naval warfare. And i forgot the map scheme, but if the nagrand waters connect to rivers it could be a good alt. way to get places! (assuming u let boats go down the rivers it could be cool!)

Maybe the sea in nagrand wont be big enough and this is a dumb idea but I would love to introduce some naval warfare if the map allowed it!
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 am

VasQuezTheGreat wrote:Also it would be cool if the nagrand sea was big enough to have ships! that way we could introduce a little minor naval warfare. And i forgot the map scheme, but if the nagrand waters connect to rivers it could be a good alt. way to get places! (assuming u let boats go down the rivers it could be cool!)

Maybe the sea in nagrand wont be big enough and this is a dumb idea but I would love to introduce some naval warfare if the map allowed it!

I think this idea is good, but I also think that zangarmarsh is the place you are looking for. It could be cool if coilfangreservoir was a region for itself, and you had t sail through a portal kinda thingy, and the sea, like vas said, would be accesable from rivers, so you could sail in nagrand, zangarmarsh, and terrokar(maybe even SMV).

For the event thingy, maybe add a bonus for if kael or naga controls coilfang black temple and tempest keep, they would get a bonus.

And tempest keep could also be a "pirate isle" only accesible through the use of a spaceship.
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks Vas and Fatty for all the support and help you've given me! However, all of the ideas you posted (except for the internal rivers) I've already decided on doing. I thought I said that in my original post but I'm sorry if I didn't. I really like the idea of internal rivers, and I'll see if it will work (water areas aren't that big so we'll see).

Also Fatty, I had planned to do Coilfang exactly like that.

Thanks for post guys! And try giving me some good ideas for the perk and race section, I think this is what can really make our map standout from WoW Risk. I updated the perk and race section also.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions Empty Ideas, bad or not? idk

Post  JayTay111990 Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 am

AvH style - there is always at least 1 alliance and 1 horde base in every territory in outlands on WoW, so if you map them out, u can add them in for AvH, and each player owns the camp, with the Camp leader (names must be found and i will set myself to do so) and the creatures that inhabit that camp. Like in Hellfire Pen. for the horde there are Mage Belfs, Batriders *flying unit*, orc warriors, undead rogues, and such. Alliance there are gryphons, dwarf pallies, human warriors, Nelf hunters, etc.

Thrallmar and Honor Hold--- Hellfire
Horde Alliance
Nazgrel (leader) Force Commander Danath Trollbane (leader)

Others will be found later
JayTay111990
JayTay111990

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:43 pm

JayTay111990 wrote:AvH style - there is always at least 1 alliance and 1 horde base in every territory in outlands on WoW, so if you map them out, u can add them in for AvH, and each player owns the camp, with the Camp leader (names must be found and i will set myself to do so) and the creatures that inhabit that camp. Like in Hellfire Pen. for the horde there are Mage Belfs, Batriders *flying unit*, orc warriors, undead rogues, and such. Alliance there are gryphons, dwarf pallies, human warriors, Nelf hunters, etc.

Horde Alliance

SMV:
Wilhammer Stronghold, Shadowmoon Village
Kurdran Wildhammer, Overlord Or'barokh

Terrokar:
Allerian Stronhold, Stonebreaker Hold
Captain Auric Sunchaser, Rokag

Nagrand:
Telaar, Garadar
Arechron, Garrosh Hellscream

Zangarmarsh
Alliance: Telredor, Orebor Harborage
Anchorite Ahuurn, (It doesnt say anything so ill go with the highest level non vendor.) Ikuti.
Horde: Swamrat Post, Zabra'jin
(there is no info on any of these on wowwiki or wowhead)

Blade's Edge:
Sylvanaar, Thunderlord Stronghold
Commander Skyshadow, Rexxar.

Netherstorm: No bases, should either be locked, or goblins should go with horde and consortium with alliance:
The Stormspire, Area 52
Nexus-Prince HAramad, Rocket-Chief Fuselage

fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:50 am

JayTay111990 wrote:AvH style - there is always at least 1 alliance and 1 horde base in every territory in outlands on WoW, so if you map them out, u can add them in for AvH, and each player owns the camp, with the Camp leader (names must be found and i will set myself to do so) and the creatures that inhabit that camp. Like in Hellfire Pen. for the horde there are Mage Belfs, Batriders *flying unit*, orc warriors, undead rogues, and such. Alliance there are gryphons, dwarf pallies, human warriors, Nelf hunters, etc.

Horde Alliance

Jaytay thanks for posting your idea and looking for different units at the locations, but I won't be adding an AVH mode in the first release. Just a lot of extra work.
However, I would still like to see that list so that I know what units go where in non-race mode, but you might want to wait until I release a list of all the locations that will have bases.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 am

I just made the list nickel:D
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 am

Yes but I can assure you SMV will have more then 4 bases. Just wait for the base list to get posted, but thanks for the list you have so far.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:16 am

Those are the bases with flightpaths in wow... and smv only has 2
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:22 am

All I meant was that your list is incomplete for my purposes.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 am

I spend 1 hour making it Sad
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:17 am

Thank you very much for it fatty! All I'm saying is that its incomplete.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  PingPongGlory93 Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 am

Im definitely happy with alot of the ideas im hearing and alot of the improvements your looking to make nick! keep up the good work, and i cant wait to test it out.
PingPongGlory93
PingPongGlory93

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:26 am

I was talking to nick about each race having its own unique aura such as command, health regen, etc...

I realized that each unit the race automatically getting this aura would be a little bit over powered or cheap... (at least i think so) So I originally thought that each race should have a banner carrier unit for 10g that had low hp and low range attack but gave off the unique aura of that race.

I then thought it would be cool to add a bigger more powerful unit. So my final conclusion for the banner carrier was that it should be a 35g malee unit. Priwin's unit system will autoscale the DPS and HP in relation to what it costs... but i think the unit should have a perk of -25% Damage & -25% movement to avoid it being over powered. This unit would give off the aura unique to that race to all surround ally units. I think the radius of the aura (area of effect) should be small, encouraging players to buy more or strategical place them. I also think this unit should be only available at the capitol of that race.

I think this unit gives players a better incentive to get their capitol and hold it, other than just getting their hero. This unit would scaled/ tuned down to reasonable attack so it cant just be spammed as an offensive unit for high income players, and be used as more of a tool to make the army better.

on a side note: when a player owns the majority of the map and has to fight someone who has just massed range and turtled on a choke. The high income player could just spam these late game to break the turtle. I personally hate it when a player just sits there and makes himself nearly untakable. It creates a situation where someone who has 95% of the map has to spend another 45 min breaking a turtle to get the win.

Recap:
This concept could be considered controversial and be the "SS unit of devo" for outland risk. But i believe by scaling down the 35g banner carrier units damage and movement speed by 25% it would make it a fair unit to posses. It would only be available at capitols so players would have more incentive to not only get their hero but hold their capitol for this unit.
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 am

Nickel510 wrote:Thank you very much for it fatty! All I'm saying is that its incomplete.
How can i complete it? Very Happy
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  haku968 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 am

I would like to help test it. When i play it i can think of some improvements that can be added

haku968

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next