Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

+13
Dornager
Light_Bringer
Roflpotamus
nickel520
echoesinthedark
haku968
PingPongGlory93
JayTay111990
fattythefat
VasQuezTheGreat
NavySeal
Midblood
Nickel510
17 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 7 Empty Re: Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  Dornager Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Has anyone ever thought of making a Draenor risk? I was up all night and just checking lore about Warcraft and the land of Draenor before Ner'zhul pretty much destroyed it by opening all the portals, it really has an interesting story and lore and it would be a bit more openended allowing imagination to be used by the map makers.
Dornager
Dornager

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 7 Empty Re: Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  fattythefat Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 am

Dornager wrote:Has anyone ever thought of making a Draenor risk? I was up all night and just checking lore about Warcraft and the land of Draenor before Ner'zhul pretty much destroyed it by opening all the portals, it really has an interesting story and lore and it would be a bit more openended allowing imagination to be used by the map makers.
I think there mostly lived orcs on draenor and it was quite peaceful, but it would make a great spawnbased map:D
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Dornager Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 am

It wasnt peaceful when the orcs were corrupted and started massacring the Draenei.
Dornager
Dornager

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 am

Excellent idea Dorn, and in fact it has inspired me with another equally awesome idea which is quite similar but better I think.

Instead of making Draener Risk its own game, combine it with Outland Risk in a 480X480 tile map. The current map size is, I think, 256X256 so 480X480 is nearly double that and could comfortably fit two Outlands, one current after the fall of the Draenei and one pre-dating that, not sure when the time zone should be. Possibly when Gul'dan is corrupting the orcs, possibly even earlier but that does seem like the logical place to start. However, if we started before that we could have the opportunity of getting really creative and inventing our own lore for Draenor.

The way this would work is that the instability of Outland has created a "time warp" or something like that, linking the current Outland with a pre-existing one. Maybe even a future Outland? but using the old Draener sounds pretty epic, so people can see the original Auchindoun and Black Temple etc before the world was blown to heck.

What do you guys think?
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 am

I'd say that would be cool and a way of weaving that into would be like what happen in the War of the Ancients books by Richard A. Knaak... And you could include some of the maps from the WC2 Expansion, I've heard they were good
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:01 am

I considered that but I was thinking playing off the instability and of Outlands existance in the fabric of the Universe would make more sense then the Dragon Aspect of time getting involved. But I'm open to a story or plot that might involve him.

Also, how would I include those maps? They're made just like the wc3 maps I imagine. They look nothing like the actual WoW map and are just there for players to battle in IE they don't represent life-like terrain its just a setting to battle in. Could be wrong though.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:03 am

I dono I'll check up on it, I've never played any Warcraft games before the 3rd. I do know most of the lore though (Read all but one of the books [Stormrage] but I know what happens in that one Very Happy), so I can be of help there in any way possible Very Happy
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:04 am

NavySeal wrote:I dono I'll check up on it, I've never played any Warcraft games before the 3rd. I do know most of the lore though (Read all but one of the books [Stormrage] but I know what happens in that one Very Happy), so I can be of help there in any way possible Very Happy

Hmm... well wasn't there a book written about the fall of Shattrath city or somethin?
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 am

Rise of the Horde (Encompasses before the corruption of orcs to right before they enter portal, as well as corruption of Eredar), plus some short story involving Nobundo, first Draenei shaman
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:51 am

wait wait wait... I asked for a story involving time portals and crap, that would explain why the two Outlands are now linked. I don't want a story involving the Rise of the Horde, this isn't an rpg its risk!
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 am

You asked for a story involving the fall of shattrath... One directly involves shattrath, while another has 2 chapters about it!
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:31 am

NavySeal wrote:You asked for a story involving the fall of shattrath... One directly involves shattrath, while another has 2 chapters about it!
Wc3 books is shit im not reading any of it.... btw was there 2 outlands? and are they linked? :O
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:34 am

Some good wc books, and they suggested linking past Outland (Draenor, the planet) To present Outland
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:55 am

NavySeal wrote:Some good wc books, and they suggested linking past Outland (Draenor, the planet) To present Outland
Linked? i dont get it.... draenor just somehow got teared apart and turned to outland... there is no link there!
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:02 am

There would have to be a... DUN DUN DUN!! RIFT OF SPACE TIME CONTINUUM! THUS LINKING CURRENT OUTLAND WITH THE DRAENOR OF OLD!! DUN DUN DUN!!

I mean Outland is already all torn to crap and is very unstable and has multiple portals leading to who knows where, so why not start something about a link to old Draenor? It's the only good idea I have, thanks to Dorn, about expanding Outland Risk. Plus, it sounds cool and easier then re-creating Cataclysm.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:31 am

Nickel510 wrote:Excellent idea Dorn, and in fact it has inspired me with another equally awesome idea which is quite similar but better I think.

Instead of making Draener Risk its own game, combine it with Outland Risk in a 480X480 tile map. The current map size is, I think, 256X256 so 480X480 is nearly double that and could comfortably fit two Outlands, one current after the fall of the Draenei and one pre-dating that, not sure when the time zone should be. Possibly when Gul'dan is corrupting the orcs, possibly even earlier but that does seem like the logical place to start. However, if we started before that we could have the opportunity of getting really creative and inventing our own lore for Draenor.

The way this would work is that the instability of Outland has created a "time warp" or something like that, linking the current Outland with a pre-existing one. Maybe even a future Outland? but using the old Draener sounds pretty epic, so people can see the original Auchindoun and Black Temple etc before the world was blown to heck.

What do you guys think?

Or just offer an option for the game to occur in Draenor or Outlands.

Keep the same size but have terrain and base changes.

It's for teh funs.

If you link the two, it'll be lorelol and the spot (spots?) that they link will become choke-holds/craziness.

Plus, the Draenor map could actually be bigger since effectively Draenor is a planet, not just the mere continent that has become Outlands. There are logically zones beyond what were mentioned by Blizz since they are not pertinent. A whole other continent mayhaps with other races for example, a la Eastern Kingdoms v. Kalimdor bit.

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dornager Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:17 am

Roflpotamus10 wrote:Or just offer an option for the game to occur in Draenor or Outlands.

Keep the same size but have terrain and base changes.

It's for teh funs.

If you link the two, it'll be lorelol and the spot (spots?) that they link will become choke-holds/craziness.

Plus, the Draenor map could actually be bigger since effectively Draenor is a planet, not just the mere continent that has become Outlands. There are logically zones beyond what were mentioned by Blizz since they are not pertinent. A whole other continent mayhaps with other races for example, a la Eastern Kingdoms v. Kalimdor bit.

Wow didnt think my idea would actually be considered. Im not quite sure how you would do the Outland and Draenor time linked.

I was thinking perhaps the time period would be when the burning legion started the corruption of the orcs, so perhaps you could have corrupted orc clans fighting against the noncorrupted clans but I am not entirly sure of the lore about all of that and I havent been able to find it, but like I said that leaves a lot to the imagination of the map makers which is always a good thing imo.
Dornager
Dornager

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am

No no the problem with your ideas is that it would require me to make an entirely different map, or just keep the terrain the same size. I'm not going to support two risks at once nor am I willing to abandon Outland Risk now that I don't like the idea of Cataclysm Risk. As I see it, Draenor-Outland is the only way to effectively double the terrain of the current map and not remaking anything, plus it sounds interesting to me.
Here is a picture of Old Draenor, made by a fan and not blizzard, I'm pretty sure.

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 7 79460d1271182055-map-draenor-draenorloadingscreen

And here is an old Draenor picture that I think blizzard made but it was for like Warcraft 2? Found it on wowwiki
Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 7 531px-Draenor_map

As you can see, the old Draenor is actually about the same size as the new Outland.

Also, Draenor and Outland would not be PHYSICALLY linked, like by land, that wouldn't make any lore sense. It would either be by portal or through ships that are going through time rift portals? Something like that, haven't decided.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Keep it up.

@rofl: I have no idea how you would even begin to replace terrain, or if it is possible. Sounds pretty complex. Also, that would defeat the purpose of making new terrain. It would be more for the sake of a much larger and more epically sized map for people to play in rather then just having a novel feature.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Don't mind me, I just think that the time-link is a big/bad idea.

So what if Outlands Risk isn't huge? Most wc3 players prefer action-packed shorter games (as evidenced via what gets played the most).

Cata Risk can be ridic huge.

As for the terrain changes, I was talking about merely having Shadowmoon valley not all f'd in the a, Netherstorm look somewhat like Westfall, etc.

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Also, don't forget that there are literally hundreds of custom models you can use.

They're mostly on hiveworkshop.

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 pm

I still say ADD BLACK TEMPLE INTERIOR!!!
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dornager Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Hmm your timelinked thing now that I think about it could be really cool Nickel, perhaps the lore could go something like this, the Naaru created a timemachine in the form of a ship *Exodar* or something like that in an attempt to go back in time and stop Ner'zhul from opening the portals that ended up destroying Draenor and turning it into Outland, just an idea Smile. So the time period would be when the alliance entered the dark portal for the first time maybe.
Dornager
Dornager

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah but there is one problem.... Why would there be portals all around outland linking it to the original draenor? Malfunction or something?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:45 am

About that Old draenor thing it is not entirely accurate as there was never a view of draenor except for the one titled "Draenor The Red World" which does not show the ends... So it could extend back into a bigger land mass, or it could in fact just be sea.... We do not know that entirely... I THINK, I could possibly wrong on this
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:47 am

NavySeal wrote:About that Old draenor thing it is not entirely accurate as there was never a view of draenor except for the one titled "Draenor The Red World" which does not show the ends... So it could extend back into a bigger land mass, or it could in fact just be sea.... We do not know that entirely... I THINK, I could possibly wrong on this
I say we stop making this and start on a wheel of time risk map:D
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next