Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draenor Risk Off Topic

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Draenor Risk Off Topic Empty Draenor Risk Off Topic

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm

This is a screen shot Nickel sent me of the terrain zizu has been already working on for the new Draenor Risk. The water did not finish downloading in the image from nickels computer so the blue in the water disapears but the outline of terrain is still there. It hink this map could be AMAZING when its finished!

(Click On Pictures to See Full)

[img]Draenor Risk Off Topic Wc3scr10[/img]

This is an image of a city that zizu already completed:
These screen shots look really great! I can't wait to see more on this project. More information can also be found in Nickel's project page on hiveworkshop.com

[img]Draenor Risk Off Topic Wc3scr12[/img]
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Draenor Risk Off Topic Empty Re: Draenor Risk Off Topic

Post  fattythefat Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Why exactly is this off-topic? You got pics included, which is kinda a terrain progress report... are those pics all of the map or is it gonna be bigger?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:24 am

Info and such I'm guessing... Also isn't this the Outland Risk forum, Vas?
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:56 am

fattythefat wrote:Why exactly is this off-topic? You got pics included, which is kinda a terrain progress report... are those pics all of the map or is it gonna be bigger?

Map is currently 480X480, maximum map size. WoW Risk is only 380X380 I think.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 am

how do you make map size larger than 256x256?
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 am

echoesinthedark wrote:how do you make map size larger than 256x256?

/sigh, I spent like 45 minutes making that post in your Wheel of Time thread, the least you could have done was read it.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:50 pm

oh, sry
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 am

echoesinthedark wrote:oh, sry

Np lol, just a little annoying and unappreciative. But I still love you
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:51 am

Nickel... Half the people don't read your uber long posts.
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 am

Navy it was a post directly about his new map Wheels of Time, including everything I discovered which was useful about terraining.

Its a really great resource actually, as it took me quite some time to stumble upon all those things, and seeing as how I've already finished one Risk map you'd think that you would want to read it since echoes has no experience.

Also, I spent some time doing that, which you haven't read either so why are you even responding? Its long only because its full of useful information echoes could use for making his map.

90% of your posts aren't worth reading, at least half of mine are, even if some of you don't read it, I'd prefer it that way if the only thing you'll read is a one or two sentence response that is just a waste of time reading.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:50 am

Nickel, I don't see how 90% of my posts are worth reading, because most have revelant information. Just because according to you some information may not be useful or needed, it all happens to be of some use... and also sorry that I don't want to waste 10 minutes reading a post... I do have limited time... Not to mention the fact that a lot of your info could be simplified... I understand for some of them it cannot happen, such as the terraining post, which most likely could only have some parts reduced, but quite sure you need to make some of the posts smaller... But I'd rather not get into an arguement here, for it make the site worse, or more clammy, or whatever you said about that stuff...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:09 am

I read your post before you said that nickel! ANd navy... some posts have to be spam.... else you wouldnt have the biggest posts on the forum... is this gonna be bigger than wow risk??????
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 am

Yes fatty it will be quite a bit bigger then WoW RISK, WoW RISK is like 380X380 tiles, plus WoW RISK has a lot more water ie wasted space.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm

To answer the first question. I made this an off topic because I didn't know where the draenor project file was, I was rushing out the post to show a fellow clanny, and I knew ridiculous comments with nothing to do with the original post would be made by you clowns. Your all lovable but ridiculous!

To Navy (and fatty) - I included both of you because in the past there has been frustrations in the thought, placement, and necessity in your posts. I commend you for staying active on the website! But the time spent cleaning up the forums after spam posts has become irritating and monotonous. Please be aware of the context of posts that your are responding to, and please think twice on your posts before you finalize them. No hard feelings, and the quality of posts HAVE improved but taking the few extra steps will ensure a better looking forum for maximum potential. Thank you!

To Nickel - Nickel, The wisdom and care that goes into all of your posts has been a shinning example of how to meaningful use the website in a clear and concise way. Your work on the website generated clan interest and gave you a few different ideas of direction. You have been a key factor in helping to moderate the website and promote it to our community by engaging clannies in your map creations. However, many of your posts are very long and become tedious with great but oversimplified detail. These type of posts are important to sharing vital information, but some of it gets lost in the depth of the post. A suggestion may be to try and shorten your posts to the essential basics and wait for clannies to respond before elaborating further to spread the content out in a easier way to grasp for all viewers. Again thanks for your posts and maybe keep it shorter.
---------------------------
Replying to both people in the same post, is a great way to answer and ask questions or comments and keep the forum looking great. Please take these comments constructively. Thanks Again!
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

VasQuezTheGreat wrote:To answer the first question. I made this an off topic because I didn't know where the draenor project file was, I was rushing out the post to show a fellow clanny, and I knew ridiculous comments with nothing to do with the original post would be made by you clowns. Your all lovable but ridiculous!

To Navy (and fatty) - I included both of you because in the past there has been frustrations in the thought, placement, and necessity in your posts. I commend you for staying active on the website! But the time spent cleaning up the forums after spam posts has become irritating and monotonous. Please be aware of the context of posts that your are responding to, and please think twice on your posts before you finalize them. No hard feelings, and the quality of posts HAVE improved but taking the few extra steps will ensure a better looking forum for maximum potential. Thank you!

To Nickel - Nickel, The wisdom and care that goes into all of your posts has been a shinning example of how to meaningful use the website in a clear and concise way. Your work on the website generated clan interest and gave you a few different ideas of direction. You have been a key factor in helping to moderate the website and promote it to our community by engaging clannies in your map creations. However, many of your posts are very long and become tedious with great but oversimplified detail. These type of posts are important to sharing vital information, but some of it gets lost in the depth of the post. A suggestion may be to try and shorten your posts to the essential basics and wait for clannies to respond before elaborating further to spread the content out in a easier way to grasp for all viewers. Again thanks for your posts and maybe keep it shorter.
---------------------------
Replying to both people in the same post, is a great way to answer and ask questions or comments and keep the forum looking great. Please take these comments constructively. Thanks Again!

Quoted for truth!!

But rly I know I easily could shorten the posts, but I really don't want to take the time in editting the posts. It already takes me quite a while to type it all up, but ofc you're right if I wanted everyone to read them then I should take the time to edit it. Although I still think if people really cared about contributing to Outland or Draenor risk (which is usually what my huge posts are about) then they would read the entire post. How many people would ignore Priwins posts about a new WoW Risk even if it was huge and somewhat unorganized? I wouldn't at least.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:30 pm

I see what you mean Vas and I have been trying... And to Fatty a lot of my posts are in the Community Lounge... A lot in Outland Risk as well, many of which are spam...

Nickel: Have the races for Draenor Risk been finalized yet? And if so, do they need descriptions or help in any way?
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 am

All of the races are finalized but the Elemental one might have a few changes to it (like maybe a Hauren type class that serves the Elementals).

Thanks for wanting to help Navy, I really appreciate it but right now it's too early to say if we'll be needing your help, Zizu's still writing a lot of lore so anything could change.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 pm

I actually always read nickels long posts... they are interesting and shortening htem would just decrease the information in them...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:49 am

If you need help just ask, I am always willing Very Happy

Fatty: The thing is, a lot of the info in the posts is not needed... I mean why have extra info just to make it longer? No offense intended.
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 am

Hey thanks guys for the help and thanks fatty for reading my posts XD

Yeah they could definetely be shorter, but I already took quite a while to type it all out, and since this isn't an English class I'm taking, I don't feel real inclined to edit my posts and make them more concise. I feel most of the information in my posts are related to what I'm trying to say, I don't think any of its just extra information I threw in to make my posts longer. I do however think I will sometimes repeat myself or be too wordy.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Eh I tried to copy paste picture links here, but they were too big. So... since I don't want to take the time to post them twice, look here to find some awesome terrain screenshots of Draenor cities.

Its near the bottom, under Terrain, just click the reveal box.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/draenor-risk-world-reimagined-184768/#post1784870
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Nickel510 wrote:Eh I tried to copy paste picture links here, but they were too big. So... since I don't want to take the time to post them twice, look here to find some awesome terrain screenshots of Draenor cities.

Its near the bottom, under Terrain, just click the reveal box.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/draenor-risk-world-reimagined-184768/#post1784870
cant see them... only the text saying what they show, but nothing else
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

@ Nickel510

Yeah man I went to your project file on hiveworkshop. I'm still having trouble seeing the pictures.
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:13 am

Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Did you test it yesterday? and damn you... you said 30 mins.... i waited for almost 40 then went to sleep...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next