Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Time - Risk

+5
Bosco_the_Bear
NavySeal
echoesinthedark
fattythefat
Shifty_Assassin
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wheel of Time - Risk - Page 2 Empty Re: Wheel of Time - Risk

Post  fattythefat Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 pm

new location? Canada? Canada sucks man!
I'm not even allowed to drink anymore!
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:09 am

where were you allowed to drink before?!?!?!?
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:55 am

not allowed but its not illegal to drink when you are under 16 in denmark...
its just illegal to sell alcohol to ppl under 16 in denmark but most ppl at the supermarkets doesntcare
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 am

Ur from Denmark?
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:54 am

You didnt know that?! Havent you EVER heard noob try write something in danish and fail at it?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakeypoo Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:00 am

Oh mann i say we make one...im down to make the terrain! and help with units and all that i love this series! I gotta buy the new book too. Also does anyone read A Song of Ice and Fire series? its FUKKING WAYYY goood and there making a series about it on HBO which i fucking stoked for. The Author is George R. Martin..and he says he approves of pretty much everything in the show they made. I think that would make an excellent risk map too

Jakeypoo

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:16 am

I could help with all the units and their info.
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:13 am

Jakeypoo wrote:Oh mann i say we make one...im down to make the terrain! and help with units and all that i love this series! I gotta buy the new book too. Also does anyone read A Song of Ice and Fire series? its FUKKING WAYYY goood and there making a series about it on HBO which i fucking stoked for. The Author is George R. Martin..and he says he approves of pretty much everything in the show they made. I think that would make an excellent risk map too
Guess i could do the lore stuff and such... It shouldnt really be a risk map, more a spawnbased/lore map kinda thing.... Idk thats just what i really wanted Very Happy Could be really cool with a LT kinda map Very Happy
Faction suggestions for a spawn-based map:

A Hero team faction with rand, perrin, mat, Egwene, Nynaeve and the other main characters... they would later gain other forces and cities... this group will have to follow the lore and travel to different places in order to win..

Andor which starts with the Queen, then if she dies they gain Ravin, but loses some spawns... If Elayne gets to level 10 before Ravin dies again she is crowned queen and gain some new spawns + gets the red band but loses the Two Rives to the Dragon faction. If Cairhien falls: The Dragon gets it, but if Elayne is crowned she gains control of that kingdom

Aiel: They start with being locked inside the Waste with only a few elite units and heroes outside. These units must reach Tear which is controlled by Ishamael's forces. If they reach Tear they will spawn troops so they can take the fortress and will ally the dragon, the waste will open when rand uses a portal stone top get to the waste, but, the shaido will go to ishamaels side.

Borderlanders: Will have to defend against the forces of the Dark One... A event will appear where they stop gaining units until they find rand, and they will ally him.

White Tower: After 10 minutes of the game, Siuan and co will be stilled and join the dragon and have to travel down to seek out the other tower rebels. The Tower will gain the Black and the forsaken leading them in the tower + Elaida and her keeper. Elaida will send a expedition to Cairhien to take the Rand. If they trap him they will gain a cage which they have to transport to the Tower. If they succeed, they will get a weaker, mindless version of Rand. If this hero dies, he will return to the hero team. When Elaida dies, the Tower will lose the black (if they havent gained control of the dragon), but gain Egwene from the hero team... The tower will lose half their units due to the purging of the black.

fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:24 am

What about the Seanchan, like should we give them boat spawns at the start to represent the return, and they can Capture Altara for an extra spawn?.

And if Falme falls after the Seanchan capture it Mat gets the horn?? It could be like an item that spawns units for a designated amount of time.

And where are we going to work the Sea Folk Into it.

I think lets just name 12 factions to start with and we'll go on with integrating as many other nations as we can into that.
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 am

Just thought of something. Has anyone checked that a map hasn't been made for Wheel of time already?.
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:12 pm

echoesinthedark wrote:Just thought of something. Has anyone checked that a map hasn't been made for Wheel of time already?.
there is 1, dled it from epicwar but the file was corrupt... and it was the only version made for it.... there is a risk map too but it sucks bad...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:07 pm

I've thought about it and while any wheel of time map would be awesome, and that a spawn based map would suit it, we are a risk clan and that's what I think we should do first

LATER EDIT: I have found that I do have a working map of the wheel of time, I want to find out if its any good Very Happy
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:39 am

Can you link the file maybe? or email?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Yeah link it! If you got a good terrain for it, then this map would be more then possible as a Risk map.

Even terraining is quite simple.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Have we settled on a RTS or Risk map yet... Or is it still going on?
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Idk... I personally wanted a spawn basede map but we could try making a risk one first and see how it turns out...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:53 am

I'd go for an RTS one...

Also, I got two of the books from my library, one of them says it's the second one... The other one is called "New Spring The Novel"... and says - The Wheel of Time: In the Beginning... Is that the first book? I know they can change the names, cause the first one was [originally?] called The Eye of the World (It shows on the list :/ of book names...). Please reply :/
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:44 am

NavySeal wrote:I'd go for an RTS one...

Also, I got two of the books from my library, one of them says it's the second one... The other one is called "New Spring The Novel"... and says - The Wheel of Time: In the Beginning... Is that the first book? I know they can change the names, cause the first one was [originally?] called The Eye of the World (It shows on the list :/ of book names...). Please reply :/
THe NEw Spring is a Prequel... It's pretty good if you want a background story for some of the countries, and it is the shortest book of them all! The Eye of the World is the first 1, then the great hunt, then the dragon reborn, and so forth... the first 3 books are very different from the others... For lore before the story, read the first 3 ones, for lore about the story read the others... what do you mean by RTS?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 am

For the map type, go for RTS not Risk... Risk is easier, but RTS's are better... And I found that out... Plus I found there's a wiki website for Wheel of Time... But then again there is one for everything... Like Fallout, Halo, Warcraft... I even saw an ad for a glee wiki... I died a little inside after that... Anyways here's the link:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:42 am

NavySeal wrote:For the map type, go for RTS not Risk... Risk is easier, but RTS's are better... And I found that out... Plus I found there's a wiki website for Wheel of Time... But then again there is one for everything... Like Fallout, Halo, Warcraft... I even saw an ad for a glee wiki... I died a little inside after that... Anyways here's the link:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A_beginning

No one here, echoes, jakeyy, fatty, you or me possess the skill or knowledge to make an RTS map. Easier said then done.

Risk is much easier, easier as in Risk could take a month at most, if people were actually trying to get it done, and a RTS could take many many months, perhaps years, depending on peoples' level of commitment.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  echoesinthedark Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm thinking we should do something else (asking everyone's opinions here) It seems that Wheel of time maps have been done before so why not do a Midkemia risk? I've checked on epic war and there doesn't seem to be any Midkemia maps at all(If you don't know what it is, google it)

I'll be back on tomorrow and if feedback is positive I might actually attempt to start terraining myself Shocked
echoesinthedark
echoesinthedark
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Hmm... IDK, Wheels of Time seems to be very popular, sorry too lazy atm/busy to search for Midkenia. I'm just going to point out the obvious by saying that the most often done maps, LotR, Star Wars, WoW, are also the most popular risk maps.

'Nuff said.

Wheels of Time could work! I think it would be fun.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 am

I've played WC3 on the internet for quite a few years now... I have never seen Wheel of Time even mentioned by anyone until this discussion started... I'm sure that we could make an awesome WoT map and no one would think about those other ones.

Also Midkemia is a series of fantasy books written by Robert E. Feist... They don't appear to be that famous, so I would stick with WoT
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:48 am

Echoes and i played the map he had found today... We played 1 with 10 players and it worked in about 15mins then got a fatal error, then played a fh with a error in the first min...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 am

That is irrelevant as I've told echoes! If you're going to make a risk map, only the terrain matters. IF you want to make an RTS and use the system already in place, then you're probably screwed.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next