Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland risk Race creation thread

+2
NavySeal
Bosco_the_Bear
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Outland risk Race creation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Outland risk Race creation thread

Post  Nickel510 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Roflpotamus wrote:Since Nagrand has so many entrances, it should have more possible races (IE more than two players in it). Even though Shatt is bordering Nagrand, for Empire-gold it should be considered a part of Terrokar and thus the number of races in Terrokar should include Shatt.

Regarding the income vs. area size, I'll offer my 20 pence whence I play, but maybe encourage a situation akin to real risk where several people constantly vie for Asia but no one really gets it until the game is near over instead of clear-cut empire control all-over.

I'll explore this thought more in-depth, off to research!

Hmm.. very interesting. I actually considered dividing the different regions into just two or 3 empires, but kept the WoW Risk formula of small countries instead. However, I think I will change this up now. Make Netherstorm one country, Make Hellfire 3 countries, etc.

Thanks for idea, I really want to test it out as I think it might be fun, but we'll see!

Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Outland risk Race creation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Outland risk Race creation thread

Post  Roflpotamus Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Nickel510 wrote:
Roflpotamus wrote:Since Nagrand has so many entrances, it should have more possible races (IE more than two players in it). Even though Shatt is bordering Nagrand, for Empire-gold it should be considered a part of Terrokar and thus the number of races in Terrokar should include Shatt.

Regarding the income vs. area size, I'll offer my 20 pence whence I play, but maybe encourage a situation akin to real risk where several people constantly vie for Asia but no one really gets it until the game is near over instead of clear-cut empire control all-over.

I'll explore this thought more in-depth, off to research!

Hmm.. very interesting. I actually considered dividing the different regions into just two or 3 empires, but kept the WoW Risk formula of small countries instead. However, I think I will change this up now. Make Netherstorm one country, Make Hellfire 3 countries, etc.

Thanks for idea, I really want to test it out as I think it might be fun, but we'll see!

Oo, how about keeping them a variety of smaller "zones" but also have an "empire" gold amount individual per zone? (dependent on how many bases there are in said zone).

This way, we can replicate the Asia effect en mass while still maintaining zones of control!

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:49 am

Why not make Netherstorm into smaller areas, like each island area (or two if they are very small) one part. And to Nickel, the posts take like 10 minutes to read and I have limited time so... ya...
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco_the_Bear Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am

uhhhhh yea nick i really havent been reading these its like a small book Evil or Very Mad
Bosco_the_Bear
Bosco_the_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 am

See Bosco get's it...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:49 am

@rofl: Mmm not sure I'll consider it. No area is really very good for Asia as Outland and Earth have a very different layout... so it wouldn't really work the same but I'll think about.

@Navy: Netherstorm is currently in that format.

@Bosco: Well... IDK I'll try to summarize the important stuff later. Any update on the race status'? Don't really care about the individual units, just the races completed or models being used.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:55 am

Nickel510 wrote:@rofl: Mmm not sure I'll consider it. No area is really very good for Asia as Outland and Earth have a very different layout... so it wouldn't really work the same but I'll think about.

@Bosco: Well... IDK I'll try to summarize the important stuff later. Any update on the race status'? Don't really care about the individual units, just the races completed or models being used.

What I'm advocating is keeping the small zones as zone bonuses, like for each "island" in netherstorm, however, for owning the entirety of Netherstorm, the player gets an empire gold bonus.

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Roflpotamus (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:55 pm) wrote:
Nickel510 wrote:@rofl: Mmm not sure I'll consider it. No area is really very good for Asia as Outland and Earth have a very different layout... so it wouldn't really work the same but I'll think about.

What I'm advocating is keeping the small zones as zone bonuses, like for each "island" in netherstorm, however, for owning the entirety of Netherstorm, the player gets an empire gold bonus.

Not a bad idea... Actually, what if I reduced a regions income value by 50% and made the entire country empire bonus give back that 50%? This way, it kind of includes both of these concepts.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Nickel510 wrote:
Roflpotamus (Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:55 pm) wrote:

Not a bad idea... Actually, what if I reduced a regions income value by 50% and made the entire country empire bonus give back that 50%? This way, it kind of includes both of these concepts.

Yar har har and a bottle of rum, I still haven't played this map so I have no idea how much said income is and how much it would affect gameplay, but what you're advocating sounds logical.

Damnit, can I get the ability to issue commands to the bot so that other clannies and I can play Outland risk more often? You know I'll offer my advice, and I'm on very often, but as of currently I don't think I'm ever on when you are (different time zones be the culprit methinks) and so I never enjoy this developing awesomeness =[

Plus I've been in the clan for a good long while now, c'mawwnnnn.

;]

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 am

rofl, you must win a grunt match to gain admin... Sometimes members who have been around for a long time get it, but that is unusual

sry for the offtopic

is the empire bonus gonna include more income than just the 50% of the region income or just the 50%?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

Nickel what Rofl said about the whole region getting more income is what I meant. And ya Rofl you can't just get grunt by asking or 'cause you helped create a map for that wouldn't be fair...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 am

I think it's fair. No one has helped me with this map, except Bosco, Zizu and Priwin, as much has rofl has. He's also provided me with invaluable help in my Draenor threads, on this site and the hive. I most definetely am giving Rofl for the specific reason that he has volunteered to test Outland Risk and has given such excellent help thus far. Outland Risk is a Clan BHoR production after all, helping the map is like helping the clan, plus I do own half of the bots so if I want to give one person an exception then I darn well will.

Thanks for help guys! Got to go take this junk comp to the nerd squad at Best Buy, then I'll post some more later on my moms laptop.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:45 am

Nickel510 wrote:I think it's fair. No one has helped me with this map, except Bosco, Zizu and Priwin, as much has rofl has. He's also provided me with invaluable help in my Draenor threads, on this site and the hive. I most definetely am giving Rofl for the specific reason that he has volunteered to test Outland Risk and has given such excellent help thus far. Outland Risk is a Clan BHoR production after all, helping the map is like helping the clan, plus I do own half of the bots so if I want to give one person an exception then I darn well will.

Thanks for help guys! Got to go take this junk comp to the nerd squad at Best Buy, then I'll post some more later on my moms laptop.
He havent even tried it yet...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:53 am

Which is exactly why I am giving him admin! How can he test it if he can't play it?

Edit: btw rofl u now have admin

Last edited by Nickel510 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 am

lol i can go on and give him a game... you dont know how long time me and waffle have been sitting in channel waiting for admins to log on...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:55 am

you're a shaman and don't have admin?
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:00 am

before i got admin...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:12 am

This is gettin too offtopic so this is the last time I'm going to post about this, but what do you mean... before you got admin? You got admin before you were shaman? If so, why were you waiting for an admin to get on line? And you said you could get rofl a game yet you were waiting for an admin? None of this makes sense!!!

Edit: Bosco! You must, MUST use this model for the naga! Make it like their most elite unit, its too pwnage http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/high-warlord-najentus-128529/?prev=search%3Dnaga%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D3
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 am

I am going to post this one thing... I had to earn my admin by winning a match and as did most other people. While it is not my personal opinion that giving admin to him is fair I doubt Nickel will give a shit... Anyways nice model they got that from WoW right?
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 am

NavySeal wrote:I am going to post this one thing... I had to earn my admin by winning a match and as did most other people. While it is not my personal opinion that giving admin to him is fair I doubt Nickel will give a shit... Anyways nice model they got that from WoW right?

The purpose of this is to help create a map. I honestly cannot give further comments on such things since I simply do not know how they play out. I've been in this clan a long time and I've been trying to help with this map as much as I can. Since I seem to never be able to play a game, with this, I can have Beta Tester games in which I ask everyone to give feedback so the game gets more and more suggestions.

Btw, I'm loving this discussion concerning the random events. Also, I agree no batmen (lol) nor dovepeoples, it would A. be silly and B. make the game centered around so many avian species one has to cringe.

However, what say you about beings outside our normal convention? What say factions that either:
A. Use other creatures as their hosts, they could commonly employ the lizardmen so we can use less models. This further integrates the stories of the new factions.
B. Are colonies of small creatures that group together to form a whole a la' Hunters in Halo.
C. Amorphous virus-clouds that send information in virus packets (weird, cloud people. I do not propose this, just thought 'tis an interesting gib).
D. Playing with the freezing and boiling temperature for species would be interesting but not really conducive for this game. Imagine a race of creatures that have to recede to deep underground during daytime because their freezing and boiling points are well below average. However, I do not recommend this either, just intellectual masturbation going on here.

I'll post my other thoughts on the other forum. Ta ta!

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:10 am

What about a race of creatures that float high in the air and are poisonus or something and can be an event? Ill post more on this in the Draenor risk forum...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:13 am

you could add races of spies/oputposts of other planets!
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:44 pm

That is just stupid...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:57 pm

NavySeal wrote:That is just stupid...

For once, I agree with Navy.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Nickel510 wrote:
NavySeal wrote:That is just stupid...

For once, I agree with Navy.
the Alar was only an outpost (i think)...
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next