Clan BHoR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

+13
Dornager
Light_Bringer
Roflpotamus
nickel520
echoesinthedark
haku968
PingPongGlory93
JayTay111990
fattythefat
VasQuezTheGreat
NavySeal
Midblood
Nickel510
17 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 5 Empty Re: Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  fattythefat Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:08 am

yeah... cant remember what this is about but i just keep neglecting navy and im cool xD
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions - Page 5 Empty Re: Outland Risk Ideas/Suggestions

Post  nickel520 Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 pm

haku968 wrote:You should add a rp mode for outland risk since its terrains are so awesome and it has most of the heros Very Happy
finally an actual idea/suggestion. thanks haku, i'll think about this. I have wanted to do some mode that involves lore somehow.

nickel520

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Im in! 12 factions or what? I posted that list a month ago maybe it could help?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:57 am

If u need help with an RP mode, ill help... not right now, i cant think for shit but later xD
NavySeal
NavySeal

https://bhor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 am

I already did a list:D
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

If u think AvH is more rp friendly ur list is wrong!
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:35 pm

That doesnt make sense... My list is not rp based and i didn't say anything about it in our discussion
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 am

still your wrong... nickel you should prolly cut down a lot of shit in these sections to make it seem less long and... wierd....
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:57 am

cuyt out what?
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 am

Our conversations... And the spam and shit that does not relate to this
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:53 am

My first suggestion is to expand the list of factions.

Separate the Goblins and Consortium. Netherstorm now has 3 factions.

Include the Ogri'La Ogres and the Mok'Nathal in the Blades Edge Mountains, move the Burning Legion to western Nagrand. Blade's Edge Mountains now has 3 factions.

Include Sporregar as a faction. Zangarmarsh now has 3 factions.

Include the Kurenai Draeni and move the Burning Legion to Nagrand (western). Nagrand now has 3 factions.

Hellfire Peninsula is fine as is ;]

Replace the Ashtongue Clan with the Shadowmoon clan for balance. Shadowmoon Valley more balanced, and anyway, with the Kurenai, there is already a Broken faction.

Separate the Shadow Council from the Consortium, Auchindoun is already large as is, making it only one faction's base is D=

All-in-all, Terrokar forest is in a weird situation. It's a large land mass that has only one clear faction in it: the Arrokoa. However, it has two land masses that are nearly as big or slightly larger (Shattrath and Auchindoun respectively).

I'd like to suggest the Sha'tar as another faction lore-wise, but they just do not fit with the butt-tiny Shattrath, so that's a no go =[

Any suggestions on how to fix the empty Terokkar forest?

As I see it, the zones that go into it, Auchindoun's dungeons and Shattrath are big enough so as to be their own zones, this leads me to suggest that each of these have two factions and that Terokkar have two as well: The Arrokoa and the Lost Ones based in Tuurem. Thoughts?

I'm mostly concerned with thoughts regarding Terokkar since that is such a precarious situation.

Btw, loving the screenies and everything so far ;]

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Light_Bringer Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:17 am

A lore unit unlock system would be nice, for example, if kael elves got all the 7 mana forges they could get an arcanite warrior as a unit, if illidari got shatt they could get a illidari sieger and things like that
Light_Bringer
Light_Bringer

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 am

Illidari never had shattrath so how would they gettin a unit from there make sense? Maybe from Black Temple instead? And to Rofl... Sha'tar would make perfect sense considering they are one of the BIGGEST "players" in Outland...
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Light_Bringer Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

i said if they ever got shatt they would get a unit from there, like a prize for doing so or a supportr of em infiltrated
Light_Bringer
Light_Bringer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 am

Good ideas and I might add them but I really need help with the map. I want to move onto Cataclysm but also improve Outland RISK but I can't really do both alone.

And to Rofl, I'm not sure how to add the races you suggested. Models are just so limited. Maybe if you posted a list of models I could use for each race, then they could be added. I'm also still waiting on Navyseal to see if he will add the races in or not. I'll PM him though, but anyone with basic knowledge of the World Editor could do it.
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 am

Nickel510 wrote:Good ideas and I might add them but I really need help with the map. I want to move onto Cataclysm but also improve Outland RISK but I can't really do both alone.

And to Rofl, I'm not sure how to add the races you suggested. Models are just so limited. Maybe if you posted a list of models I could use for each race, then they could be added. I'm also still waiting on Navyseal to see if he will add the races in or not. I'll PM him though, but anyone with basic knowledge of the World Editor could do it.
The Ogrila faction is basicly the same as the ogre faction, just with mainly casters with some of thoser bat thingys help
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:24 am

THEY ARE BLUE TOO!

Not to mention they are friendly and you can get something to look like them I believe....
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:33 am

fattythefat wrote:
Nickel510 wrote:Good ideas and I might add them but I really need help with the map. I want to move onto Cataclysm but also improve Outland RISK but I can't really do both alone.

The Ogrila faction is basicly the same as the ogre faction, just with mainly casters with some of thoser bat thingys help

Fatty, please change that avatar. It's... gross.

The fact of the matter is that many races already share units and models, so why not extend this a la WoW Risk? The Gronn Ogres and the Ogri'la Ogres have just as many differences as they do similarities, making them renewable and thus less time to make.

Some Ogri'la Ogres and Gronn Ogres can be used by the Horde as well.

NavySeal wrote:Illidari never had shattrath so how would they gettin a unit from there make sense? Maybe from Black Temple instead? And to Rofl... Sha'tar would make perfect sense considering they are one of the BIGGEST "players" in Outland...

Sha'tar would make perfect sense, but how the dickall would they fit? =[

Maybe expand Shattrath? D= Dun Dun Dun!

Have the slum tier expand out to Terrokar, the Scryer tier expand to Zangarmarsh, the Aldor tier expand to Nagrand, and the central tier where the Sha'tar would be have a teleport somewhere?

It's worth a shot, fuckin' dickall =x[

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Light_Bringer Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:40 am

you could add the isle of quel danas, its an important part of the burning crusade lore, and you could put legion there in the sunwell, making it a low income region because of the unanim faction, just place a portal achieved by flyer there and gg
Light_Bringer
Light_Bringer

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:58 am

Light_Bringer wrote:you could add the isle of quel danas, its an important part of the burning crusade lore, and you could put legion there in the sunwell, making it a low income region because of the unanim faction, just place a portal achieved by flyer there and gg

See the problem with that is that it's not part of Outland... It's not soley BC lore, but lore pertaining to Outland... It's a good idea and Nickel may consider it but I doubt it will get past there... But who knows I could be wrong!
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflpotamus Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:33 am

While I'm in favor of the occasional South Seas or Northwest sea chains in Risk Devo, having a place that cannot be assaulted is the worstest idea D=

I hope that's not what is suggested up in here.

The Terokkar situation is teh lames!

Roflpotamus

Back to top Go down

Post  fattythefat Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:00 am

Roflpotamus wrote:While I'm in favor of the occasional South Seas or Northwest sea chains in Risk Devo, having a place that cannot be assaulted is the worstest idea D=

I hope that's not what is suggested up in here.

The Terokkar situation is teh lames!
In risk maps where races have capitals doesnt really matter... There is far more caps in EK than in Kalimdor just to give an example... I believe so anyway
fattythefat
fattythefat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nickel510 Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 am

Hmm.. you raise some good points Riskmaster, but I don't think Outland Risk will ever have instances. Right now, only 3/4 of Auchindoun is completed and like 1/4 of Black Temple, and tbh I don't like the idea of all these instanced locations that can only be reached by portal.

Instead, I think I'll make the 3 completed Auchindoun instances and what's done for Black Temple and make them Jew Islands, reachable by airship.

To me, it sounds more fun then instances plus I like Jew Isles.

Second, you're right about WoW Risk recycling a lot of races, Outland Risk might as well too. Kind of silly imo to have Mok' Nathal and Ogri'la be seperate races imo because they're so small in game, like only 100 Mok' Nathal exist in Outland and WoW, but I guess it doesn't really matter. WoW Risk doesn't need to be accurate.
At the start, I was more into making some really cool unique races but now I'm more concerned with Cataclysm RISK so some re-hashes of the WoW Risk races with Outland units, names, descriptions, models is all I want. But that's still quite a bit of work and I can't find any help atm.

So it could be a while, I kind of got a lot going on right now. However, I expect Outland RISK beta to be done tonight. Just remember that the terrain still needs a lot of work and all the triggers are just from WoW Risk, so really only the terrain is unique. Shattrath also won't be in the beta, because as of now I don't know how to make the platforms work. But I'm going to look for a solution on hivesworkshop.com.

Thanks for all the ideas guys! Keep up the good work.
Sorry if I didn't respond to your post, it's late o.o
Nickel510
Nickel510

Back to top Go down

Post  VasQuezTheGreat Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 pm

From what I read above it looks like the instances are not going to be completed for a while? My suggestion is to remove them from the map, or open 1 or 2 as a jew refuge that you can ship to with a Zeppelin and black out the rest. This is so you could still use some of the awesome looking instances that are not finished. Hopefully zizu will continue working as the bugs and game play issues are worked out in the beta.

I'm looking forward to playing and I'm sure no matter what you choose its gona be sick.
VasQuezTheGreat
VasQuezTheGreat
Clan Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  NavySeal Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:42 am

WHEN WILL IT COME OUT!?!?!?
NavySeal
NavySeal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next